Sunday, July 3, 2011

Paddling along and my first cooking

Harder than it looks
Zachary wanted to paddle the dinghy and Papa said it would be too hard.  We tried it.  And it was hard.  Papa did the job and I rested.  I pointed to where I wanted to go.

I couldn't paddle but I could point
Then we washed the side of the boat while we were in the dinghy.  I sprayed the water hose to rinse off the soap on the side of the boat.   Papa was scrubbing and Zachary was holding onto the boat so the dinghy would not float away from the boat.  Then Papa took us for a ride with the motor on the dinghy.  A few times he went too fast and I yelled for him to slow down.



Picture of an island near our boat

First fine dinner I cooked all by myself
That night Tutu said I should cook dinner.  So I cooked pasta with meat sauce.  I added the seasonings.  Then it cooked for awhile and I taste-tested it and added a little more oregano and salt and a tiny pinch of sugar.  Tutu said that a tiny bit of sugar makes the flavors blend better.  And it was very good.  We ate out in the cockpit with special napkins.  I said that we were fine dining.  Now I know how to cook excellent meat sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment