Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sailed to Sounion

Sleeping on the back deck while sailing
This morning Tutu and Papa started the boat without waking us up.  Later when they put up the sails the loud noise of the electric winch over my bed woke me up.  But I went right back to sleep.

I was very tired today.  I have a cold and just want to sleep.








While we were sailing I laid up on the back deck and went to sleep.  Zachary slept in the cockpit.  We ate my leftover pasta for lunch.  Tutu baked it in the over with parmesan cheese.  It was still good.

Zachary swimming
When we got to Sounion we anchored near the Temple of Poseidon up on the top of the hill.  There were hundreds of people on the beaches.  Papa put some fenders tied to long ropes in the water behind our boat and Zachary went swimming for a long time.  I sat on the back steps and dipped my feet in the cold water.  That water is too cold to swim in.



Then Zachary took a shower outside on the deck.  I wanted to take a shower out there too.  But Tutu and Papa said only people who swim get to take a shower on the deck.

Shower on deck
We hope there won't be so many people on the beaches tomorrow.  They should go back to work on Mondays.  Then we can take the dinghy to the beach and I will swim there if the sun is hot.  And we will walk up to the Temple of Poseidon.
Tootsies in the cold water.  Temple of Poseidon on top of that hill.


No comments:

Post a Comment