Sunday, July 17, 2011

Busting bronco riding

It is fun if Papa doesn't go too fast!!!
We stayed at Finikas on the island of Syros for 9 days.  We liked staying here.  We turned on the air-conditioning at night so the bugs wouldn't bite me and Tutu.  We could watch movies a lot because we had electricity.  One night we went to a restaurant for ice cream deserts.  It was very good.  One day we went for a walk and found a store selling a riding float thing to pull behind a dinghy.  Papa bought it for us.


Motoring the last bit
Finally the wind wasn't too bad so we left.  We sailed really fast back to Kythnos island.  Sailing fast is a little scary, but I liked it.  







Riding Rider
Getting on Rider
We went back to the bay and beach that we liked so much before.  Papa took us to the beach to play after the sun wasn't so hot.  Then before dinner Papa took us riding on the new float thing.  We named it Rider.


Pulling me slowly
The next day we played on the beach again.  Tutu said it was too crowded to ride on Rider again.  It was Saturday and a lot of boats came down from Athens and lots of people were swimming.  Tutu said we had been in the sun enough, so we stayed inside the boat  in the afternoon and played dominoes.   Then we watched more Horatio Hornblower and more M.A.S.H. 


I saw some people putting up a tent on the beach.  I wanted to camp out.  So Tutu let me sleep in the cockpit by myself.  At the crack of dawn I woke up and I was thinking of going downstairs and playing on my DS, but everyone else was still asleep so I just went back to sleep.






Pulling me a little faster
Then we cleaned the boat because we are Swabs.  We are not Midshipmen yet.  Papa said he will give us a test later and if we pass the test then we will get a Midshipman certificate.  Next summer we can take a test to be Lieutenants -- if we pass the Midshipman test this summer.


After we cleaned the boat we played on Rider.  Then we went to the beach.  Since I had not eaten breakfast, I ate breakfast on the beach.  I ate a banana.  Then I dug a hole and buried the peeling so I would not litter the beach.  They don't have trash cans here.  I bet a goat will find the hole and dig up the banana peel and eat it.  There are lots of huge goats here on the mountains on both sides of the beach.


A boat broke its rope tied to the rocks this afternoon.   A lot of the boats tie ropes from the back of their boats to the rocks on shore.  Tutu and Papa don't like to do this.  They like to stay out in the middle of the water.  The people were not on this boat.  It floated away on its anchor chain and it scraped the other motor boat next to it.  I would be mad if a boat scraped my boat like that.  They should not leave their boat with no one on it to take care of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment