Saturday, August 6, 2011

Naxos -- the Mexican food place!

We went to Finikis after Delos. My parents and I went to town to explore.   We bought something for my baby brother and the shop owner gave me a gift.  They do that here.  He said it was for me to remember the island of Syros.  He gave me a tiny boat.  

Old Venetian Museum window
Then next we went to Naxos.  I wanted to go horseback riding but the minimum ride was for 3 hours and my mom said that was too long.  Zachary and I wanted to go to the  Aqua Fun place but we never had time.


We went to Picasso's to eat Mexican food and I had nachos.  They were scrumdididlyumptios!  After dinner they gave us tiny margarita-like things.  Mine was like a strawberry slushie.  It was delicious!  Then we walked around Naxos for awhile.  We stopped in a vegetable store and Tutu bought some tiny things that she thought looked like greenish figs.  But when we got back to the boat and she cut one open, it turned out to be tiny pears.  They tasted horrible!  We threw them away.

Temple of Apollo in Naxos
There was another Temple of Apollo on Naxos.  There was not much left of it.




















S/V BeBe on end of dock in Naxos

We stayed in Naxos several days.  One day we walked up through the old Naxos Town all the way up the hill to see the Old Venetian Museum.  We looked out some windows and could see our boat at the dock below.




No comments:

Post a Comment